Saturday, September 6, 2014

Haiku by Jonel Abellanosa


Before I Was Born

I miss running round
the late afternoon meadow
before I was born

golden light--
over the field of grass
before I was born

before I was born
Springtime conversed with Always
drops from the eves' thaw



Jonel Abellanosa resides in Cebu City, the Philippines.  Remembering things that seem to never have happened, he thinks this life on Earth may not be his first.  He continues to search for more proof that ultimate hope is real.  Instead of relying on science, he approaches poetry like a pilgrim, prayerful in discerning the eternal that other poets might have consciously or inadvertently left in their works; looking for universal hope expressing itself in different forms through stories of ordinary individuals.



No comments:

Post a Comment